After Watching TWILIGHT


It's funny how people can have different feeling and reaction after they see the same movie. Well, it happened to me and my friends. Today, I just saw "Twilight" in the movie theater together with my friends, and we came out from the theater with various feeling and comments.

I didn't plan to see this movie in the beginning, in fact, I didn't even have plan to see any movie today. My friends successfully persuaded me to watch the movie after we got our fee as the committee of the English Olympiad, which was held in the course where I work. Surprisingly, I really like the movie and was very affected by it. It's been a long time since the first time I felt very affected by a movie.

There's nothing special with the story plot. It was a romantic love story, which I usually don't like. The movie is about love between a young girl, Bella, with a very handsome and romantic man, Edward, who later on turned out to be a vampire. He and his family are vampires, but they don't drink humans blood. They live by drinking the animal's blood. The problem comes up when another bad and evil vampire is interested in the Bella. He wanted to kill and drink the girl's blood. And of course, Edward and his family protect and save Bella's life. The End.

Despite the fact that the story plot was simple, I was carried away with the movie. Somehow I could feel the "chemistry" between Bella and Edward. They are madly in love and crazy about each other. I could see and felt their feelings through the beautiful scenes, from the way Edward and Bella talked to each other and the way they looked at each other. Edward's feeling was strong and he was possessive too. In some scenes, I could see how hard it is for Edward to control his feeling. It might sounds crazy but I felt as if the pictures were "talking" to me. In short, I was mesmerized by the movie.

The funny thing was, when I wanted to share my feelings with my friends, I found out that only one of my friends had the same opinion with me. The other two didn't get "the feel" that I got. One said that the movie was "so-so" and the other said that she was a bit disappointed with the movie because she had high expectation about the movie. She even overslept during the movie..

Well, what can I say? It proves that people are different. We have different opinion, ideas and taste. And like some people said, "Selera tidak bisa diperdebatkan" which means we can't argue about our taste and preference.

Comments

Popular Posts