The Story of a Cat and a Mouse



That afternoon the sun was shining brightly. A hungry mouse was lying under a shady tree. Then a cat came over and said,"Hi, Mouse...what are you doing here? You look tired, don't you?"
"Oh, hi Cat... It's you. Yes, I'm tired. I have looked for food since this morning, but I haven't found any. Now I'm tired and hungry, too." answered the mouse.
"Wow, what a coincidence. I haven't eaten yet. But I know where the farmer keep the food. If I tell you, would you take it for us?" asked the cat.
"The place is so high, but with your tiny body I'm sure you can get it so that we can eat the food together." added the cat.
The mouse was very interested with the cat's offer. They finally agreed to share the food.
Soon, they arrived at the place that the cat talk about. There was a basket of food hanging outside the farmer's hut.
The mouse started to climb. With some difficulty he finally reached the basket of food.
Without further thought, he started to eat the food, while the cat was waiting patiently for his share.
"Come on Mouse! where is my share? Please throw some food for me." shouted the cat.
"Well, I think the food is not enough for the two of us, Cat." answered the mouse.
The cat was very angry to hear that.
Suddenly, when the mouse was going to finished his meal, he slipped and fell right in front of the cat. The angry cat immediately tried to catch the greedy mouse. The cat chased the mouse everywhere. Since that time, cats always chase the mice, because they felt cheated by the mice.

(Translated from "Kisah Kucing dan Tikus" by Endyas Wiguna)

Comments

Popular Posts