7 Rules to be Happy



People want to be happy and they will do almost anything to be happy. Somehow, not everyone knows what happiness means and how to find it. One day, a friend sent me an sms about "7 rules to be Happy." Since I agree with those rules, I try to apply the rules in my life. These are the rules:
  1. Free your heart from hatred. Sometimes, people do bad things to us and we become angry and we hate them for that. I've once read that carrying around a load of bitterness and and anger is very toxic. Because when we're angry, our bodies release stress hormones. Anger prompts our heart to accelerate, our breath to quicken and our mind to race. It also raises blood pressure and blood sugar. This condition can cause arteries to harden and lead to heart disease. (It's scary, isn't it?) So, it's better if we forgive the offender. But forgiving the offender doesn't mean accepting the offense.
  2. Free your mind from worry. I have to admit that I can be a paranoid sometimes. I have too many things that I worry about, including things that haven't happened yet. (pretty silly, huh?) I know that this is not healthy because just like anger, when we're worried, our bodies also release the stress hormones (and you know what happen next...). But now, I have learned to handle my worries. I have accepted that there are things that I can't control so I just do my best and let ALLAH do the rest.
  3. Live simple. Don't make things more complicated that it already has. We always have problems in our lives, so we have to face them and find the solution. There are rules in our lives that we have to follow, whether we like it or not. But I believe that"Every clouds has a silver lining". It means there is always the good side in the problem that we have. We just have to find the way to see it.
  4. Expect less. Since we can't get everything that we want, we should be more realistic. We must have a goal and we must try hard to achieve the goal. But we also have to realize that in the end everything is up to ALLAH. So do your best and let ALLah do the rest, but be prepared for the worst.
  5. Give more. Believe it or not, but when you give to other people, you'll get more than you give. This is the beauty of giving. The feeling that you get from the giving can't be described in words. Although, apparently not everyone knows the feeling.
  6. Smile. When you smile to the world, the world will smile back to you. When you're happy, everything around you will look beautiful. So be grateful for what ever you have, your family, your job, your pets, your health, your life.... and ALLAH will give you more.
  7. Always have ALLAH by your side. Our life has been designed by ALLAH. I believe that ALLAH have plans for us. So what ever we get, whether it's good or bad, we must accept it. Whenever we have problems and difficulties, we must return to ALLAH. We must ask for help to ALLAH, not to other thing beside ALLAH. When we want something, we must ask for it to ALLAH too. Because ALLAH is the only one who will grant our wishes.

Comments

Popular Posts